Moses Moreno news, rumors and stats

 

Moses Moreno

Free Agent
Quarterback

Ht: | Wt:

News | Stats | Stat vs. Team | Targets | Injury | Depth Chart | Roster


Player News

From -- thru  --


Dolphins | Four to Workout

Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:13:07 -0800

The Sun-Sentinel reports the Miami Dolphins will workout QB Moses Moreno, WR Darnell McDonald, WR Sulecio Sanford and WR Windrell Hayes on Wednesday.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Chargers | Moreno Files Grievance

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:19:44 -0700

The North County Times reports former San Diego Chargers QB Moses Moreno has filed a grievance against the Chargers, claiming that he was injured when the team released him in May. He had underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder on August 16. His agent, Peter Schaffer, said the Chargers knew of the injury, just not the extent, when they released him.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Redskins | After Another QB

Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:34:47 -0700

The Washington Post reports Washington Redskins coach Marty Schottenheimer gave in on Monday and said the team will attempt to sign another quarterback, possibly as soon as tonight. "Essentially we are looking at those who are unemployed," he said. The list includes former Redskins QB John Friesz, Danny Kanell and Moses Moreno. The coach said he doesn't believe Jeff George will play on Friday against the Atlanta Falcons.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Jets | Quarterback Notes

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 05:35:34 -0700

As an update to previous reports, SportsLine.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the New York Jets decided not to workout free agent QB Moses Moreno after all. The Jets had been looking to add another quarterback, but it now appears they may enter training camp with only three QBs -- Vinny Testaverde, Chad Pennington and Tory Woodbury -- on roster. The team would like to get some snaps in for P Tom Tupa at quarterback this summer, too.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Jets | Moreno to Work Out Friday

Thu, 31 May 2001 13:51:13 -0700

SportsLine.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the New York Jets will work out free agent QB Moses Moreno (Chargers) on Friday.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Ravens | Looking at Backup QBs

Fri, 25 May 2001 01:16:49 -0700

The Baltimore Sun reports the Baltimore Ravens and free agent QB Randall Cunningham (Cowboys) continue to move forward on a one-year deal. Cunningham stated he's looking over a contract from the team but nothing is official as of yet. If the deal collapses the Ravens may then turn their attention towards free agent QB Moses Moreno, who was cut by the Chargers earlier this month.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Chargers | Moreno Released

Fri, 18 May 2001 18:29:02 -0700

Chargers.com reports the San Diego Chargers have released QB Moses Moreno.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Chargers | Brees Impresses Riley

Fri, 04 May 2001 19:32:28 -0700

Associated Press reports San Diego Chargers head coach Mike Riley was excited about having QB Drew Brees on the field with the team for the first time today throwing passes. Riley said it was obvious that Brees has been working out and his passes looked good. Right now, the No. 2 QB job is up for grabs and Brees will be battling with Dave Dickenson and Moses Moreno for the job. Brees, because he won't be able to attend voluntary workouts the next few weeks, will be taking most of the snaps as the No. 2 QB during mini-camp this weekend.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Chargers | Voluntary Workouts Update

Tue, 01 May 2001 22:00:25 -0700

KUSI News reports at least 40 veterans for the San Diego Chargers showed up at today's voluntary workouts today. One one the quiet battles at backup is already beginning as Moses Moreno and Dave Dickenson are battling for a backup quarterback job. "Everything's up in the air ... we're out here battling," Moreno stated.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Chargers | Another Moreno On Board

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:42:00 -0700

Jim Trotter reports for the Union-Tribune that the San Diego Chargers plan to test rookie LB Zeke Moreno, who played middle linebacker the past two years in school, on the outside. Moreno, by the way, is the younger brother of Chargers backup QB Moses Moreno.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Chargers | More On Moreno

Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:44:11 -0700

As a follow up to yesterday's story, the Union-Tribune reports QB Moses Moreno new contract with the San Diego Chargers is his one-year, $512,000 tender offer.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Chargers | QB Re-signs

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:35:11 -0700

According to the team's official site, the San Diego Chargers have re-signed QB Moses Moreno to a one-year deal. Financial terms were not released.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Chargers | QB Notes

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 23:41:31 -0700

The Associated Press reports San Diego Chargers QB Dave Dickenson sounds happy that he gave up the CFL for a shot at the NFL. Dickenson has been taking part in voluntary Chargers workouts for several weeks. He and QB Moses Moreno have been working out four days a week in San Diego, throwing to receivers and learning the system of new offensive coordinator Norv Turner. Dickenson said he's pretty comfortable with how he's doing so far. Dickenson said he doesn't have any inside information about San Diego's draft plans and QB Michael Vick. Dickenson said he's been assigned No. 15, the same number he wore with Calgary.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Chargers | Team Notes

Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:56:53 -0700

Jim Trotter reports for the Union-Tribune the San Diego Chargers began introducing parts of their passing game to their wide receivers, tight ends and running backs during a voluntary workout yesterday. The talk of the day was details. Offensive coordinator Norv Turner wants the team remembering the details like fullbacks not tipping their hand to defenders by chopping their feet coming out of the backfield. 13 players were on hand yesterday. The Chargers will continue the workouts twice a week this month, then conduct a mandatory mini-camp the first week in May. Among the players present were WRs Jeff Graham and Curtis Conway, TEs Freddie Jones, Steve Heiden and Reggie Davis and QBs Moses Moreno and Dave Dickenson. QB Doug Flutie and RB Terrell Fletcher were away on personal matters but are expected to participate later this week or early next week.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Chargers | Sticking with Starters

Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:37:35 -0800

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports the San Diego Chargers continue to play their regular starters the final two games of the year even though they're already looking towards next season. Head coach Mike Riley stated he may work QB Moses Moreno in for a few series, but Jim Harbaugh is expected to finish out the year as the teamís starting QB.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook

Bears | Not Interested in Detmer

Sat, 20 Feb 1999 00:05:00 -0800

According to reports in the Daily Southtown the Bears are no longer interested in trading for QB Ty Detmer and will wait until June 1st to pick up a QB if Erik Kramer has not fully recovered from his injuries. The Bears believe that with this year's draft being so QB rich that going after a QB through free agency or trade would be a mistake. The Bears hope they can get one more good year out of Kramer before handing the ball over to their soon to be young franchise QB. The Bears also plan to have four QBs at camp this year, Moses Moreno, Erik Kramer, Jim Miller and the soon to be franchise QB. QB Steve Stenstrom will not be re-signed. Earlier reports from Chicago had indicated Detmer trade talks had been initiated so we'll have to see how this plays out.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet!Share on Facebook