News | Statistics | Player vs. Team | Utilization | Injury History | Depth Chart | Team Roster
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 15:22:57 -0800
Chargers.com reports the San Diego Chargers have released DE Al Fontenot from the injured reserve.
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:03:51 -0700
As expected, Chargers.com reports the San Diego Chargers have placed DE Al Fontenot (bicep) on IR ending his 2002 season.
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 22:59:58 -0700
Chargers.com reports the San Diego Chargers may place DE Al Fontenot (bicep) on IR.
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:40:35 -0700
The San Diego Union-Tribune reports San Diego Chargers DE Al Fontenot (biceps) will be out 1-3 months as a result of a torn biceps tendon he suffered in the teamís preseason opener Saturday night. Fontenot said he should be able to return in about four weeks if he lets it heal, or 3-6 months if he decides to have surgery.
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:57:55 -0700
Bernie Wilson reports for the Associated Press San Diego Chargers DL Maa Tanuvasa had two screws inserted in his broken left ankle and will be out the rest of the season. Coach Mike Riley said the Chargers will replace Tanuvasa from within. DE Al Fontenot can also play tackle, and tackle Mike Mohring is eligible to come off the physically unable to perform list. Meanwhile, LB Junior Seau is cautiously optimistic that he'll be able to play in San Diego's grudge match against Buffalo despite a groin pull that kept him out of the second half of Sunday's game. Seau will receive ice and electronic stimulation treatments.
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 12:57:55 -0700
The Union-Tribune reports San Diego Chargers SS Rodney Harrison (ribs, hamstring) and DE Marcellus Wiley (foot) did not practice on Wednesday, although coach Mike Riley said both are OK and should return to practice today. DE Al Fontenot worked exclusively as the No. 3 defensive tackle, with Adrian Dingle practicing as the backup left end. CB Alex Molden practiced for the first time since having knee surgery three weeks ago and it is expected he will start Sunday.
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 17:42:45 -0700
The team's official site reports San Diego Chargers DE Al Fontenot will take Marcellus Wileyís place in the starting lineup at left defensive end. Wiley is scheduled to undergo surgery Thursday afternoon to have a pin inserted in the foot. As previously reported, he is to miss between 3-4 weeks.
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 21:48:38 -0700
The team's official site reports San Diego Chargers DEs Marcellus Wiley and Raylee Johnson are now expected to join the starting defensive unit for roughly the first 15 plays in tomorrow night's pre-season game. Coach Mike Riley added that neither DE Al Fontenot nor TE Reggie Davis would play in the game. Damion McIntosh will start at left tackle in place of Vaughn Parker (ankle).
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:06:42 -0700
As an update to previous reports, the three-year deal the San Diego Chargers gave DE Al Fontenot will pay him base salaries of $477,000 (2001), $600,000 (2002) and $1.8 million (2003).
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 15:00:40 -0700
Chargers.com reports the San Diego Chargers have re-signed DE Al Fontenot, one of their own unrestricted free agents, to a three-year deal. Financial terms have not been released.
Thu, 13 May 1999 20:40:00 -0700
The Union Tribune reports the deal DL Al Fontenot signed with the San Diego Chargers yesterday was worth $400,000 over one-year.
Wed, 12 May 1999 15:50:00 -0700
The San Diego Chargers, according to XTRA Sports 690, have signed DL Al Fontenot to an undisclosed deal. The Chargers are obviously tired of waiting for DL Marco Coleman to accept their deal. Whether or not Coleman is now in the team's future has yet to be determined. USA Today reports the deal is a one-year contract, financial terms were not disclosed. In other news, the Chargers have signed LB Jon Haskins to an undisclosed deal as well.
Sun, 02 May 1999 01:00:00 -0700
The Union Tribune reports the San Diego Chargers had DL Al Fontenot in town for a work out recently and offered him a contract. However, they're holding off on making anything definite or offering more until they hear back from DL Marco Coleman. The Chargers have offered Coleman an incentive based deal. If he declines this one, they may give up on him completely.