Fantasy football sleepers: Quarterbacks
Matt Schaub, Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Fantasy value: High-end No. 1
Schaub a good play this week
- Yes, we know, he had a big game last week (25-for-39, 357 yards, four touchdowns), but we also have to point out his history versus the Jags. In two games against them as a Texan, Schaub has averaged 283.0 yards and 1.5 touchdowns. In his most recent game against them, he threw for three scores and completed 29 of 40 passes.
- These Jags have let opposing slingers accumulate, lo and behold, 283.0 air yards per game (seventh most) along with 1.50 passing scores per game (tied for ninth most). They faced the Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning and the Arizona Cardinals' Kurt Warner, sure, but Schaub and the Texans offense have similar potential in the right matchup.
Mark Sanchez, New York Jets vs. Tennessee Titans
Fantasy value: Midrange No. 1
- "The Sanchize" has been more of a game manager through his first two NFL games, totaling just two scoring tosses on only 53 attempts.
- The Titans defense has shown mixed results in their first pair of games. Their Week 2 debacle against the Houston Texans showed a vulnerability to the pass.
- Tennessee has allowed quarterbacks to chuck the most passing yards per game this year (360.0) and is knotted for the second most passing scores yielded per game (2.50) to signal callers. We're not saying the Jets offense will permit Sanchez to reach those gaudy totals, but this might be an opportunity to test his arm.
About Tim Heaney
Tim's work has been featured by USA Today/Sports Weekly, among numerous outlets, and recognized as a finalist in the Fantasy Sports Writers Association awards. The Boston University alum, who competes in the prestigious LABR and Tout Wars, has won numerous industry leagues in both baseball and football.
He appears frequently, including every Sunday, on Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio, as well as every Wednesday on 1570 AM WNST in Baltimore.
Don't miss these great reports....