In this article KFFL breaks down the fantasy football sleepers of the week. We will avoid marquee names because players of that caliber are rarely benched, regardless of their matchup. Instead, we will focus on the players that make your fantasy lineup decisions stressful each week. Read on to learn which midrange to low-end players that you wouldn't necessarily consider that you need to get into your lineup.
Note: All statistics are from Week 10 to Week 15, unless otherwise noted.
Fantasy football sleepers: Quarterbacks
Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers
Fantasy value: Midrange No. 1
Matt Moore, Carolina Panthers at New York Giants
Flacco has thrown for a touchdown in four straight games, which includes his four-touchdown explosion against the Chicago Bears last week. He only had three TD passes in the three previous games, though. Flacco has thrown just six picks in nine games since Week 5; he threw three picks against a playmaking Green Bay Packers secondary in Week 13.
Flacco a solid play this week
- The Steelers have allowed 249.3 yards and 1.50 aerial touchdowns per game to this position. Flacco has topped 256 yards just once since Week 6; that was his last bout with the Steelers in Week 12 (289, one touchdown). Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (knee) will be out this time, also, so the Steelers secondary remains spotty.
Fantasy value: No. 1 or bench
- Moore helped topple the Minnesota Vikings last week with 299 passing yards and three touchdowns. He has progressed in each of his three games as Panthers starter and is feeding wideout Steve Smith.
- The G-men offer a bountiful statistical meal for quarterbacks, having served up 292.2 passing yards, 1.80 throwing scores and 0.2 scrambling touchdowns per game to opposing launchers.
- Moore also faces the New Orleans Saints in Week 17; depending on whether they have locked up homefield advantage, Moore could be a worth a play in deep one-quarterback or two-QB setups for leagues that play the extra week.
- If you're desperate for a last-ditch QB, Moore is still available in nearly all leagues.
About Tim Heaney
Tim's work has been featured by USA Today/Sports Weekly, among numerous outlets, and recognized as a finalist in the Fantasy Sports Writers Association awards. The Boston University alum, who competes in the prestigious LABR and Tout Wars, has won numerous industry leagues in both baseball and football.
He appears frequently, including every Sunday, on Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio, as well as every Wednesday on 1570 AM WNST in Baltimore.
Don't miss these great reports....