In this article KFFL breaks down the fantasy football sleepers of the week. We will avoid marquee names because players of that caliber are rarely benched, regardless of their matchup. Instead, we will focus on the players that make your fantasy lineup decisions stressful each week. Read on to learn which midrange to low-end players you wouldn’t necessarily consider that you need to get into your lineup.
Note: All statistics are from Week 13 to Week 16, unless otherwise stated.
Fantasy football sleepers: Place kickers
Jeff Reed, San Francisco 49ers vs. Arizona Cardinals
Fantasy value: High-end No. 1
- Since replacing Joe Nedney (knee), Reed is 8-for-9 on field goal tries, including falling into seven attempts in Weeks 13 and 14. The Niners' QB carousel, however, has stalled his opportunities to contribute in the last pair of outings.
- The Cardinals' defense has a solid matchup versus the Niners in terms of sacks and turnovers, but the Cards have allowed 3.25 field goal tries per game, along with 10.3 kicking points per contest, which is the second highest in the NFL.
- Grab Reed, who's available in 79 percent of polled leagues, off your waiver wire if you're playing in your fantasy Super Bowl.
Shaun Suisham, Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
Suisham in a groove
Fantasy value: Midrange No. 1
- Suisham has filled Jeff Reed's shoes admirably with 12 conversions in 13 field goal tries and at least three three-point lineups in each of his last five contests.
- More are in his future: The Brownies have allowed 2.27 field goal tries per game on the year while placing opposing boots for 2.50 tries per game in the last month.
- Suisham (85 percent availability) is a suitable waiver wire pickup if you need a kicking change.
About Tim Heaney
Tim's work has been featured by USA Today/Sports Weekly, among numerous outlets, and recognized as a finalist in the Fantasy Sports Writers Association awards. The Boston University alum, who competes in LABR and Tout Wars, has won numerous industry leagues in both baseball and football.
During baseball and football season, he appears on Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio on Thursdays and Sundays, and every Wednesday on 1570 AM WNST in Baltimore.
Don't miss these great reports....