In this article KFFL breaks down the fantasy football sleepers of the week. We will avoid marquee names because players of that caliber are rarely benched, regardless of their matchup. Instead, we will focus on the players that make your fantasy lineup decisions stressful each week. Read on to learn which midrange to low-end players that you wouldn't necessarily consider that you need to get into your lineup.
Note: All statistics are from Week 7 to Week 10, unless otherwise noted.
Fantasy football busts: Quarterbacks
Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins
Fantasy value: Midrange No. 1
David Garrard, Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Buffalo Bills
Be wary of Romo this week
- Romo has taken advantage of some weak pass defenses in the last month; he
torched the Atlanta Falcons for 311 yards and three
scores in Week 7 and followed that up with 256 yards and three touchdowns
against the Seattle Seahawks the following week.
Last week, though, the Green Bay Packers held him
to 251 yards, one score and one interception, most of that coming in garbage
- Washington has allowed the third fewest aerial yards (167.3) per game. The
'Skins held Donovan McNabb, of the Philadelphia
Eagles, to just 156 yards and one score in Week 7. The Atlanta
Falcons' Matt Ryan managed just 135 yards,
one score and one interception. Wounded Denver Broncos
signal caller Kyle Orton (ankle) threw for
193 yards last week, but 115 of those came on two plays that featured busted
- Until Roy Williams shows he can catch and
hang on to a ball, teams will continue to throw extra coverage to Miles
Austin, taking away Dallas' strongest weapon in the passing game.
Fantasy value: No. 1 or bench
- Garrard has tossed just two touchdown passes since Week 4; he has thrown for more than 221 yards just twice in that time. Last week he managed 221 yards and one touchdown against the New York Jets.
- The Bills have surrendered 267.7 passing yards but only 0.33 touchdowns per game to this position. They've picked off 2.00 passes per game, too.
- Most of Garrard's work should come handing the ball off this week. Buffalo's run defense is the worst in the league; Jacksonville should utilize their backs a ton in Week 11, limiting Garrard's impact.
About Bryce McRae
Bryce McRae is a Managing Editor with KFFL and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1999. He joined KFFL as a volunteer writer in March 2005 before becoming a Hot off the Wire Analyst in March 2006. He began working in his current capacity in September 2008. His work has appeared on fantasy sports sites such as Yahoo! and CBS Sportsline as well as in print. He graduated from the University of British Columbia in 2008 with a B.A. in History and U.S. Studies.
Don't miss these great reports....