- I'm in the Matt Lutovsky League (each division named for a writing award winner) of the Fantasy Sports Writers Association Industry Insider Leagues. (You were champing -- or were you chomping? I'm never sure -- at the bit for that explanation, I know it.)
- I drafted for this league on Thursday, March 21. Coincidentally, Tim posted his blog about his FSWA IIL team, which is in the Jack Moore League, on that same date. As Tim 'splained, these leagues have replaced three standard rotisserie categories:
BA --> OBP
HR --> SLG
W --> QS
- I'd prefer my depth at starting pitcher to be of greater quality. Thankfully, starting pitcher is most plentiful resource in the free-agent pool, even with replacement of the category of wins with quality starts. We have a limit of 180 games started by pitchers. Very good relievers are valuable commodities. I filled one-quarter of my roster with those.
- There's a new wrinkle in the rules, but I've become accustomed to drafting for this league. I like this team. It's even projected to do well. Rock 'n' roll.
- That, right there, is the kiss of the death. The Grim Reaper better use Burt's Bees.
About Nicholas Minnix
Minnix is baseball editor and a fantasy football analyst at KFFL. He plays in LABR and Tout Wars and won the FSWA Baseball Industry Insiders League in 2010.
The University of Delaware alum is a regular guest on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio and Baltimore's WNST AM 1570.
Don't miss these great reports....