Cincinnati running back Isaiah Pead's naturally explosive style of play will draw plenty of attention in the middle rounds of the 2012 NFL Draft.
He rushed 237 times for 1,259 yards and scored 12 times on the ground in 2011. Pead snagged 39 receptions for 319 yards with an additional three touchdowns.
Big-play threat in a small package
- Explosive back with big-play ability
- Agile with a good center of balance - naturally shifty
- Lowers his pads when making contact
- One-cut-and-go back with great vision
- Good ball security
- Quality hands as a receiver and runs routes well
- Performed well in pre-draft workouts
- Plays with a chip on his shoulder
- Willing blocker - capable of being a three-down back
- Limited miles on his legs
- Slight build at 5-foot-10 1/8, 197 pounds
- Limited ability as an inside runner
- Lacks strength - is brought down too often after initial contact
- Mild injury concern - missed two games in 2010 with a knee injury
- Lacks anchor ability as a pass protector against bull rushers
- Too often tries to make something out of nothing
Expected draft placement
Pead's size and tendency to disappear at times in games should hold him back during the draft. He has a third-round grade from us and could sneak into the late second round if the right situation presents itself. However, it is more likely that Pead will fall into the third or even early portion of the final draft day.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....