Wisconsin offensive guard Kevin Zeitler is a strong run blocker and an above-average pass protector. Teams looking for an all-around talented interior lineman in the 2012 NFL Draft will have the senior prospect high on their respective boards.
Well-rounded interior force
- Great size (6-foot-3 7/8, 314 pounds) and strength (32 reps on bench press)
- Quick hands and utilizes proper hand placement
- Understands leverage
- Rarely overextends - plays with balance
- Plays with a mean streak - tough, durable
- Impressive leg drive and flexibility
- Does a good job getting to the second level
- Athletic when he is asked to pull
- Mirrors interior pass rushers well
- Mauler as a run blocker
- Sometimes slow off the ball
- Could use a little more hustle in his game
- Needs to play to the whistle more consistently
- Tends to struggle with his awareness in the second level
Expected draft placement
Zeitler is probably ready to start as a rookie and should provide a great value in the second round. Teams that may consider him include the Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cincinnati Bengals, New England Patriots and Kansas City Chiefs.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....