Florida State offensive tackle Zebrie Sanders brings versatility and rare athleticism to the 2012 NFL Draft. He is one of the best swing tackle prospects in recent memory and should be an immediate starter in the pros.
Athletic, versatile and bright
- A natural athlete
- Good size (6-foot-6, 320 pounds)
- Big hands (10 7/8 inches) and large wingspan (35-inch arms)
- Gets up the field in a hurry on screens
- Quick footwork and innate hip sink
- High character and intelligent
- Versatile - played left and right tackle
- Quickly recognizes stunts and blitzes from the second level
- Lacks strength to anchor the point of attack for any significant amount of time
- Doesn't possess an explosive initial punch
- Tends to struggle against elite quickness and extreme bull rushes
- Plays too upright too often
Expected draft placement
In the late first or early second rounds, look for several teams to consider Sanders. The Minnesota Vikings, Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers (late first), New York Giants (late first), Baltimore Ravens and St. Louis Rams are all strong possibilities for him to land.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....