Iowa offensive tackle Riley Reiff opted to come out early, and, in part because of the timing of his decision, he is the No. 2 prospect at his position in the 2012 NFL Draft class. The versatile redshirt junior seems to have made the right decision and figures to be highly sought after in April's event.
Versatile and ready to play
- Can play right or left tackle
- NFL-ready to step in as a rookie starter
- Size (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
- Extremely athletic - run blocks as well as he pass protects
- Great lateral agility and quick footwork
- Capable cut blocker and recovers against inside rushers
- Strong open-field blocker for screen plays and off-tackle runs
- Flexible hips and natural knee bend
- Fierce blocker with a nasty streak
- Started 21 consecutive games, including 13 at left tackle
- Respected teammate and an easily coachable player
- Tends to block his defender into the running lane
- Sometimes is overly aggressive and can be knocked off-balance because of it
- Arrested in 2008 for public intoxication and evading police on foot - has kept out of trouble since
- Is a better one-on-one blocker than when working in a tackle-guard tandem
Expected draft placement
Reiff should be a top-10 selection in the draft. He could draw attention from the Miami Dolphins, Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs, with Miami seemingly the most likely landing spot for him. His ability to play either left or right tackle makes Reiff a very valuable commodity.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....