In this article KFFL breaks down the fantasy football sleepers of the week. We will avoid marquee names because players of that caliber are rarely benched, regardless of their matchup. Instead, we will focus on the players that make your fantasy lineup decisions stressful each week. Read on to learn which midrange to low-end players you wouldn’t necessarily consider that you need to get into your lineup.
Fantasy football sleepers: Place kickers
Rian will be flyin'
Rian Lindell, Buffalo Bills vs. Oakland Raiders
Fantasy value: Midrange No. 1
- The Bills showed that they have firepower when needed, scoring 41 points in Week 1 versus a suddenly weak Kansas City Chiefs D and giving Lindell 11 kicking points (two field goals included).
- The Raiders' D? Not much better. They allowed three field goal tries and two extra points to the Denver Broncos, and the loss of cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha will make them easier to pass on. That's Buffalo's strength.
- Lindell is worth a one-week rental off your waiver wire.
Shaun Suisham, Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Seattle Seahawks
Fantasy value: No. 1 or bench
- Pittsburgh's offense didn't show up in Baltimore this past Sunday, giving Suisham just an extra point. When given the chance last year, though, he shined, nailing 14 of 15 three-point tries in Black and Gold.
- The Steelers should have less trouble moving against the Seahawks, who were fortunate enough to run into a horrific San Francisco 49ers offense. Ben Roethlisberger is no Alex Smith. Plus, the Steelers will probably have plenty of pent-up frustrations from their opening-week loss. A scuffling Seattle team is the perfect punching bag.
- This favorable matchup makes Suisham a one-week play, with potential to use in later weeks if Pittsburgh's offense wakes up.
About Tim Heaney
Tim's work has been featured by USA Today/Sports Weekly, among numerous outlets, and recognized as a finalist in the Fantasy Sports Writers Association awards. The Boston University alum, who competes in LABR and Tout Wars, has won numerous industry leagues in both baseball and football.
During baseball and football season, he appears on Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio on Thursdays and Sundays, and every Wednesday on 1570 AM WNST in Baltimore.
Don't miss these great reports....