West Virginia senior running back Noel Devine enjoyed a productive collegiate career but may struggle to come off the board earlier than the late stages of the 2011 NFL Draft.
In 2008, Devine rushed for 1,289 yards and caught 35 passes. The next season he posted 1,465 yards and 13 scores on the ground while adding one TD through the air. Devine regressed last year (209-936-6, 34-258-1). During his career, he has scored 31 offensive touchdowns.
- Excellent vision for cutback lanes
- Elusive, shifty runner in the open field
- Versatile player - has return experience and is a quality receiver out of the backfield
Good speed (4.43-second 40-yard dash and 1.51-second 10-yard split)
- Strong lower body (35 1/2-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-1 broad jump)
- Lowers his pads and isn't afraid to plunge into the pile in short-yardage and goal line situations
- Stronger than his size indicates (24 bench press reps)
- Size (5-foot-7 1/2, 179 pounds)
- Willing blocker but not strong enough to anchor
- A host of character concerns and off-the-field troubles
- Plays through pain and minor injuries but isn't the same player when he does
- Durability concerns
Expected draft placement
Devine's size and questionable intangibles could leave him outside of the first five rounds. Don't expect to hear his name any earlier than the fifth.
The Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons and Tampa Bay Buccaneers have all shown interest in Devine.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....