Utah junior cornerback Brandon Burton
enters the 2011 NFL Draft after starting
the past two seasons for the Utes.
Burton has posted 97 career tackles, one forced fumble, three interceptions
and a sack.
- Adequate speed (official 4.50-second 40-yard dash; 4.48 at his Pro Day)
and size combination (5-foot-11 5/8, 190 pounds)
- Quick feet
Solid wrap-up tackler
- Better suited for press coverage but is aware of his role in zone defense
- Responds quickly once he diagnoses the play
- Recovers quickly from giving up a big play
- Team leader
- Intelligent and hard worker
- Open-field tackling needs work
- Inconsistent footwork that creates extra steps
- Doesn't possess natural hands
- Struggles to shed blocks consistently
- Sometimes too aggressive with his hands - leads to pass interference calls
- Guesses too often
Expected draft placement
Burton is likely a late second-round choice or early third-rounder. His intelligence
and attitude will go a long way in the eyes of a coaching staff.
The Arizona Cardinals and Cleveland
Browns have recently shown interest in Burton.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....