Wisconsin senior tight end Lance
Kendricks is one of the best pass-catching tight end prospects in the 2011
In 2010, he set career highs in receptions (43), receiving yards (663) and
touchdowns (five). He averaged 14.9 yards per catch in his time with the Badgers.
- Skilled route runner - can be flexed out to the slot
- Former wideout with natural hands
- Improved his leadership role
Strong lower body (38 1/2-inch vertical jump; 10-foot-2 broad jump)
Smooth in the open field
- Fights hard for extra yardage
- Quick off the line of scrimmage
- Shows body control and balance after the catch
- Versatile - can play H-back, slot receiver and fullback if needed
- Undersized (6-foot-2 7/8, 243 pounds)
- Average blocker - pushed off the ball too often
- Inconsistent concentration
- Doesn't possess straight-line speed to separate (official 4.65-second 40-yard
dash; 4.57 at his Pro Day)
- Lacks upper-body strength
Expected draft placement
Kendricks is a pass-catching tight end in the mold of the Houston
Texans' Owen Daniels, another
former Wisconsin standout. Expect a third-round or later selection of Kendricks.
He shouldn't fall out of the fourth round.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....