San Diego State senior wide receiver Vincent Brown is an interesting prospect in the 2011 NFL Draft.
Brown exploded to the tune of 69 receptions for 1,352 yards and 10 scores as a senior. He totaled 109 catches, 1,409 yards and 11 scores in his two previous seasons.
- Excellent hands and footwork
- Not afraid to go over the middle
- Quality route runner
- Football smarts
Average speed and size isn't all bad
- Mild kick return experience
- Quite aggressive - willing to throw his body around
- Fairly elusive in the open field
- Finds holes on zone defenses
- Average speed (official 4.68-second 40-yard dash; 4.57 at his Pro Day)
- Thin frame (5-foot-11 1/4, 187 pounds)
- Injury concerns (torn thumb ligament in 2009)
- Played lesser competition on a weekly basis (Missouri was his only BCS opponent last year)
- Could struggle to block at the next level
Expected draft placement
Brown is probably a third- or fourth-round pick in the draft. At that stage, predicting a landing spot for him is a shot in the dark. He has recently met with the Cincinnati Bengals and San Diego Chargers, teams that could both use another wideout.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....