Louisiana State senior wide receiver Terrence Toliver brings a combination of good size and speed to the table in the 2011 NFL Draft.
In 2010, Toliver caught a career-high five touchdown passes to give him a career total of 12. He has hauled in 94 passes in the last two years.
- Deceptive straight-line speed (official 4.52-second 40-yard dash)
- Very strong and large hands
- Quick reflexes and reaction time when snagging passes
Size (6-foot-3 1/2, 212 pounds)
Is he a one-dimensional player?
- Vertical threat
- Uses his size to his advantage
- Fairly elusive in open space
- Fights for extra yardage
- Struggles to consistently separate from defenders
- Makes tough catches look easy but drops the routine receptions - often tries to turn up the field before securing the ball
- One-trick pony?
- Arrested in 2010 on charges of disturbing the peace, interfering with a police officer and public intoxication stemming from a fight
- Wasn't very productive (never broke 800 receiving yards in any single season)
- Inconsistent performances
Expected draft placement
Toliver is likely to be a midround pick in April. He probably won't go higher than the early third round, but he could also slide into the fourth.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....