Indiana wide receiver Tandon Doss declared for the 2011 NFL Draft following his junior season. He has been a fairly steady but unspectacular producer for the Hoosiers. In 2009, Doss snagged 77 passes for 962 yards and scored five times. His 2010 campaign produced similar results: 63-706-7.
- Gives up his body over the middle
- Tough to bring down
- Size (6-foot-2, 201 pounds)
- Plays inside and outside
Tracks over the shoulder well
Possession WR in the NFL
- Makes tough catches in stride
- Experience running an array of routes
- Respected team-first player
- Understands how to exploit zone coverage
- Special teams returner
- Could struggle to create separation in the NFL
- Possession receiver with little upside
- Inconsistent route runner
- Thin lower body
- Poor blocker - doesn't always give it his all
- Recovering from groin surgery (missed four games in 2008 because of knee and shoulder injuries)
- Long strider but lacks elite speed
Expected draft placement
Doss should be a second-round pick in the upcoming draft. The San Diego Chargers could consider him in the second with one of their two picks, as he fits their offense's preferred mold of a wideout. It seems unlikely that Doss will slip out of the second round, but he is expected to go no later than the middle of the third.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....