Florida senior wideout Riley Cooper is coming off his best season as a Gator. He hauled in 51 passes for 961 yards and scored nine times, matching his career total coming into the year.
- Excellent size: 6-foot-3 3/8, 222 pounds
- Very athletic (drafted by the Texas Rangers in 2009)
- Deceiving speed (timed at 4.55 in the 40-yard dash)
- Consistently makes tough catches
- Precise route-runner
- Good body control
- Uses his hands well
- Capable in jump-ball situations - red zone threat
- Very intelligent and football savvy
- Inconsistent hands - makes spectacular catches but drops too many easily catchable passes
- Not explosive
- Doesn't gain separation well
- Average blocker
- Only one year of notable production
- Charged with resisting an officer and failure to comply with police in February 2009 - charges were eventually dropped
Expected draft placement
Cooper reminds us of Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Brian Finneran, before all of the knee injuries. The former Gator fits most systems; he has the potential to blossom into a very respectable receiver and enjoy a lengthy career. We figure Cooper will come off the board in the fourth round, but he may slide into the fifth.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....