Anyone tuned into the world of sports is aware of former Oregon Ducks running back LeGarrette Blount's infamous sucker-punch to the face of Boise State's Byron Hout. After a successful 2008 season (1,002 rushing yards, 17 TDs), Blount played sparingly in only three games last year due to suspension. For his career, he has scored 19 rushing touchdowns and totaled 1,084 rushing yards.
- Great size: 6-foot 1/2, 238 pounds
- Fantastic between-the-tackles runner
Who will take a chance on LeGarrette?
- Very tough runner - strong stiff-arm
- Impressive balance
- Deceiving stride
- Makes plays in space
- Excellent short-yardage back
- Alert Level 5 character concerns: Blount likely has long been crossed off draft boards of a number of teams.
- Untested receiver (four career receptions)
- Lacks breakaway speed
- Upright runner
- Poor blocker - perhaps "unrefined" is a better way of looking at it?
- Weight could become a concern
- Limited, situational player
- Substantial risk
Expected draft placement
With risks and problems outweighing the likely rewards, Blount's draft stock couldn't be too much lower. He has third-round talent but probably won't come off the board until the sixth round. The best-case scenario for Blount seems to be the early fourth round, and it's conceivable he could go as far south as undrafted.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....