Penn State outside linebacker Navorro Bowman has opted to pass on his senior year to enter the 2010 NFL Draft. He racked up 93 total tackles (17 for loss) and 2.0 sacks in 2009 despite missing two games and most of a third because of a groin injury.
- Has a nose for the ball
- Excellent closing speed
- Phenomenal tackler in open space
- Uses his hands well to swat free the ball
- Capable pass defender in zone coverage
- Generally aware enough to bat down passes
- Very good lateral speed
- Sheds blockers well for his size
- Quality blitzer
- Overly aggressive by nature
- Durability concerns
- Lacks height (6-foot, 242 pounds)
- Overmatched by bigger blockers despite handing those near his size
- System limitations: doesn't translate well to a 3-4
Expected draft placement
Bowman was of questionable character early in his collegiate career but has since come around a great deal after the birth of his son last June. Given his size and alignment restrictions, it's tough to see him being drafted higher than the second round. Don't be surprised if Bowman falls to the fourth round of the draft.
About Cory J. Bonini
Cory is KFFL's General Manager. In late 2002, he joined the KFFL staff as a research analyst and has been involved in fantasy sports since 1996. A member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, as well as Fantasy Sports Writers Association, Bonini has been featured in print, on radio and on scores of websites. Bonini co-hosted Big Lead Sports on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio from 2011 to 2012.
Bonini was recognized with the 2010 Best Article in Print Award from the FSWA and was a finalist for the same award in 2011. In '11, he finished first overall in the FSWA NFL experts challenge that featured 60 of the industry's best competitors.
Don't miss these great reports....